This is a healthier and QUICKER option to traditional mashed potatoes... and quite addicting too! I love that it is so creamy and not watery!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into medium sized pieces
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 T butter (I used I can't believe it's not butter light)
- 3 oz Extra Sharp White Cheddar cheese shredded (this is what I used, it comes in clear wrapping though not black like the picture)
- garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
- large food processor or powerful blender (if using a blender cut your cauliflower pieces smaller)
1) Take your medium pieces of cauliflower and put them in a large bowl and pour your 1/3 c heavy cream over it. Place in the microwave and cook on high for 5 minutes.
2) Stir to re-coat the pieces and cook for another 4.5 minutes.
3) Dump the cauliflower and cream into your food processor or blender. Add your tablespoon of butter and shredded cheese.
4) Blend until smooth. Remove and add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.