Oh my gosh, the deliciousness of this dish is immeasurable! This recipe is a modified version of one I found in my Eat Well, Save Big cookbook, a cookbook I've had for years that focuses on cheap and easy recipes. And let me tell you, it's original cost was $12.99 and it has more than paid for itself over the years!
This can be eaten at any meal and to be completely honest, I have had it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! It's fast, easy, cheap and healthy... what more could you ask for, right?
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
-1 Tbsp. unsalted butter (I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter light from the tub)
-1/2 onion, finely diced
-2 cups chopped broccoli florets
-7 large eggs (you may substitute egg whites)
-3 oz. feta cheese, crumbled (I used Athenos reduced fat tomato-basil feta)
-Round glass baking dish (I used an 8inch oven-safe pie dish)
-salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 475 degrees. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes until translucent.
2) Add broccoli, season with salt and pepper and cook until tender, about 6 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
3) In a medium bow., which together eggs and season with salt and pepper. Spray your baking dish with non-stick spray and add the onion-broccoli mixture and gently spread out over the bottom of the dish.
4) Pour eggs over the broccoli-onion mixture. Sprinkle the surface with the feta.
5) Bake for about 20 minutes or until the edges brown and it is cook thoroughly (check center with a toothpick).
Slice and serve!